Thursday, September 23, 2010

Training Sessions


When I'm training the dogs in the house I find it easiest if I go in the office and shut the door, that way I can work on what I want to with out the other dogs getting in the way.
At this time Crawford is the one being trained. Esmae waits patiently on the other side of the door for her turn.
Speaking of Esmae, at class last night she was pretty unmotivated, I got some good advice from my instructors as to how to make the reward (and me) to be more exciting and thus more rewarding for her. I also think I need to find the perfect motivational tool for her, be that food or toy. I know one thing for sure she certainly likes it when I can run with her, so that is something I need to continue doing with her.
I also had it "mentioned" to me how important it is to do right side weave entries (something I failed to really teach Massey).
I have inadvertently taught/let Esmae to back weave or to go back up the A-frame etc, until last night night I didn't realise how foolish this was.
All in all there was a lot to think about at last nights class, and if I am serious about competing with Esmae and I am, I need to really take these suggestions to heart and while training on my own hopefully will not teach her any more bad habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

is there a Veterinarian in the house?

is there a Veterinarian in the house?