Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Massey's first Q's




Last weekend Massey and I had our 5Th trial, it took place in yet another new venue at the Fezdome in Calgary.
On our first few runs Massey was a little distracted and refused to enter the chute, however on our snooker run which I love she did awesome, she loves it when I run with her and she stayed with me the entire time and did all I asked and was fast.
We ran our jumpers run next and even though the course seems straight forward enough when I walk it some how when I run it I get all muddled up and forget where I'm going so that being said we did run clean and got a q and a first, the run itself was not pretty but Massey stayed with me again and we both had a blast.
On Sunday she was super distracted again, and I lost her attention on our runs that day.
I am trying really hard to figure out what she needs from me, and I am getting there , I know she loves it when I blast off the start line running, and I know I need to work on her attention to me so I shall be working on that, and when I'm training with her she will be focused on me and what we are doing and while listening to feedback or waiting for our turn she will be in her crate.
I think this should work as she does really seem to love the game when I have her attention.
I must also mention that I did shed some tears after Sunday's run and they were NOT from disappointment from us not getting a Q, but for me not doing a better job keeping Massey motivated.
PS; I must really thanks my fellow Go Dog Go peeps for their help and support it means so much to me, and of course I must thank Amanda for taking this beautiful photo of Massey. :o))))

1 comment:

is there a Veterinarian in the house?

is there a Veterinarian in the house?